In my previous article I outlined 54 ways to make money but the money making options were not over, so here are another 28 ways to make money – bringing us to a total of 83 ways to make money and if I am honest, I have probably forgotten a few and I definitely want to get the list to 100.
But until then, you have 83 amazing ways to make money and that is a good start!
Smiling young lady pointing at dollar banknotes in hand, bank credit, earnings
Hobby / Side Hustle
A large percentage of the population are now focusing on having a side hustle to bring in additional income and there are a variety of side hustles out there for you to try. But you could also start by turning your hobby into a side hustle!
55) Cake maker : Maybe you have a fondness for baking, why not think about how to offer your services to a wider audience and charge for the pleasure. ONLY if you are actually good of course! The year round there are opportunities to sell cakes for birthdays, christenings, hen parties, corporate events etc. (oh and the ingredients are pretty inexpensive).
56) Seamstress : Whether its tailoring or making clothes, people the world over need a little sewing help here and there.
57) Making Hampers : A great option, especially in this peak Christmas period, the reality is hampers are just a combination of smaller items combined into pretty packages. And they can be sold for a premium as a result, especially if they are delivered straight to the recipient!
58) Sweet Making : Another opportunity to sell a creative item online, on a stall at the local fair etc.
59) Greeting cards : Handmade cards for all of the seasons
60) Catering : Maybe you are a dab hand in the kitchen, could you turn what you do into another income stream by offering it more widely
61) Curtain making : If you have this level of expertise, then making curtains can be very lucrative.
62) Print on demand products : Create a branded product that you only print on demand for example a T-shirt, that way there is no stock and initial financial outlay and you only pay for the item once you have a client. Win Win.
63) White label products : Choose the product you like the look of and rebrand it and sell it online via e-comms channels – this could be phone cases, candles, creams, vapes etc. You might not even need to hold stock if you can find a drop shipment model.
64) Write an e-book : Have a particular expertise? Want to share it with the world? Write an e-book and start selling it online.
65) Create an app : If you have the tech no how, you can charge to make apps for others from hundreds to the thousands. Or you may choose to create your own app to list on the app store and derive revenue that way.
66) Affiliate Marketing : Do you have a ready made database or a large following on social media? May be you can earn money by being an affiliate for larger brands.
67) Photography : Do you have a keen eye? and a good quality camera or are you willing to do a course? You may be able to charge for your semi- pro skills!
68) Sell Stock Content – Another way for a photographer to make money from images by selling images on the likes of shutterstock, getty images, dreamstime etc.
69) Run events – club nights , park events, lunches, brunches
70) Instagram Influencer : Not very easy to do but if you have managed to achieve a following via your instagram following, you may wish to think about how you charge for posts for brands. These ads are a great way to make money and you can make anywhere from £50 to a few million (if you are a Kardashian) for just one post!
Buying and Selling
71) Sourcing : Become the go to people for sourcing products for clients, you can get paid for doing the leg work and sourcing solutions for clients.
72) Car boot sales: You have lots of stuff that you don’t need – yes you – so why not make some money by getting rid of the items that you don’t need or use any more! Get the family involved too or take their bits and sell them (with permission).
73) Property finder : Sourcing property and finding a buyer, basically connecting the dots for a commission. A healthy commission at that.
74) E-commerce : Start an online sales business, via amazon, ebay or your own website. Find products that you want to sell, it could be everyday products like clothes or unique niche products but look at what sells well and in numbers. You may wish to consider a drop shipment model so you don’t have to hold stock
75) Import /export : Helping those who need to import or export goods, you can hire a container to be shipped to another country and collect the items and charge accordingly.
76) Buying and Upselling : Buy cheap and sell for more , some how. This might be buying from a pound shop and selling online for more money or buying as a mass purchase and selling individually. Or it might be buying, upgrading or wrapping and selling on. For example I met a woman yesterday who bought a Christmas box of Oreos on sale in a supermarket, she wrapped it beautifully and sold it for more than double what she bought it for and more than other sellers were selling it for on Amazon by adding value to the item!
77) Sell old clothes/ unwanted items : on Depop, Ebay and other online market places. A bit like no 72 but without the early morning and cold.. difference being you will now need to list individually and regular trips to the post office but you could make more than at a car boot.
78) Buy and sell domains – some domains can be purchased for as little as 99p and could be purchased for thousands.
Make your money make money
79) ISA : Consider an ISA (individual savings account) as an option to make more money from your money by not paying any tax on your savings. But also by investing inside the ISA – this is an option with a LISA (Lifetime ISA) and a Stocks and Shares ISA. And with the LISA you can make a 25% bonus on your money in the UK also.
80) Investments : There are a plethora of investments available from Gold to Property and these are definitely ways of getting your money to work for you!
81) Bonds : are loans to the government or corporations that have less risk and return than stocks. These are typically fixed income investments and you may get a payment when the bond matures. Or with the likes of premium bonds you are entered into a ‘lottery’ for your returns.
82) Stocks & Shares : A single share of the stock represents fractional ownership of the corporation in proportion to the total number of shares. So this is your opportunity to own a piece of a company and achieve a return for it. Note, like with all investment there is a risk.
83) Peer to Peer lending: Is the practice of lending money to individuals or businesses through online services that match lenders with borrowers. Conducted via the likes of Ratesetter, this is an opportunity for you to act as a lender in a formal environment, this often works for people who might not be able to receive a loan from the bank. Receives a competitive return on money. Remember your capital is at risk.
Treat your piggy bank with the love it deserves
So that’s it for now and that is without me talking about starting a actual business!
So if you need to make some money you know where to start!
I would love to hear from you if you have additional tips to get me to 100 ways and if you have tried some of my tips I would to here how they work for you. Reach out below or across social media !
Happy Money Making!