KANSAS CITY, MO – OCTOBER 13: Quarterback Patrick Mahomes #15 of the Kansas City Chiefs reacts prior … [+]
Week 14 of the 2019 NFL season is an important one, as the results for many of the 16 games on the schedule will play a crucial role in shaping the field for the upcoming NFL playoffs. It all begins on Thursday Night Football when the Dallas Cowboys travel to Soldier Field for a date with the Chicago Bears. Dallas is desperate to climb back above .500 to get some breathing room atop the NFC East after losing on Thanksgiving, while Chicago finally clawed to the same 6-6 record with back-to-back victories in its last two games and needs to string together another “W” to keep its faint postseason hopes alive. This is far from the only showdown to get excited about, as the Week 14 schedule is rife with numerous other key battles that will have an impact on the 2019 NFL Playoff picture.
Sunday will be absolutely loaded with action, with a full 13 contests taking place throughout the day for the first time since bye weeks began back in late September. There will be a nine-game flurry of kickoffs at 1 p.m. ET, headlined by a pair of 10-2 teams in the San Francisco 49ers and New Orleans Saints going head-to-head in a clash that may not only determine which team earns a first-round bye in the NFC playoffs, but home-field advantage throughout them as well. This timeslot will also feature the Baltimore Ravens, who currently appear to be the best team in football, being tested by a feisty 9-3 Buffalo Bills squad that is surprisingly in the running to shock the world by not only winning this matchup, but has a chance to wrest the AFC East title away from the slumping New England Patriots.
Speaking of the Patriots, they are set to partake in the late afternoon’s must-watch matchup, as the Kansas City Chiefs are heading to Foxborough for a rematch of last year’s epic AFC Championship Game. The Pats will be trying get back on track after losing just their second game of the 2019 NFL season this past Sunday, but it won’t be easy to turn things around against an opponent looking to avenge a pair of costly defeats. Both the AFCCG and the 2018 regular season meeting between these clubs were decided by a single score and oddsmakers are expecting more of the same on Sunday They’ve installed the Pats as three-point chalk, so don’t be surprised if this one comes right down to the wire yet again. Week 14 will wind down with the NFC West taking center stage on Sunday Night Football when the Seattle Seahawks and Los Angeles Rams duke it out in a primetime affair that will have plenty of playoff implications. The week comes to an end with the Philadelphia Eagles renewing their longstanding rivalry with the New York Giants on Monday Night Football.
Now that there are only three weeks left in the campaign, those in picks pools and other betting challenges are running out of time to get a leg up on their competition. If you are still in the running in one of those pools, or just trying to win money—or break even or lessen the losses—for the year, then look no further than this article to find some winning predictions from pro handicapper Jon Price of SportsInformationTraders.com. The Vegas expert has sent along his best bets for the upcoming slate and you won’t want to miss which teams he is picking to cover the spread this week. Before getting to those picks, have a look at the complete schedule, kickoff start times, updated odds, viewing information and key betting trends for every Week 14 game during the 2019 NFL season.
NFL Week 14 TV Schedule And Odds
Thursday, December 5
- Dallas Cowboys at Chicago Bears (DAL -3, 42.5) 8:20 p.m., FOX/NFLN
Sunday, December 8
- Baltimore Ravens at Buffalo Bills (BAL -5.5, 43.5) 1 p.m., CBS
- Washington Redskins at Green Bay Packers (GB -13, 41.5) 1 p.m., FOX
- Denver Broncos at Houston Texans (HOU -9.5, 42) 1 p.m., CBS
- San Francisco 49ers at New Orleans Saints (NO -2.5, 44) 1 p.m., FOX
- Cincinnati Bengals at Cleveland Browns (CLE -8.5, 40.5) 1 p.m., CBS
- Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons (ATL -3, 47.5) 1 p.m., FOX
- Detroit Lions at Minnesota Vikings (MIN -13, 43) 1 p.m., FOX
- Miami Dolphins at New York Jets (NYJ -5.5, 45) 1 p.m., CBS
- Indianapolis Colts at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (TB -3, 47) 1 p.m., CBS
- Los Angeles Chargers at Jacksonville Jaguars (LAC -3, 43) 4:05 p.m., FOX
- Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots (NE -3, 49) 4:25 p.m., CBS
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Arizona Cardinals (PIT -3, 43.5) 4:25 p.m., CBS
- Tennessee Titans at Oakland Raiders (TEN -2.5, 47) 4:25 p.m., CBS
- Seattle Seahawks at Los Angeles Rams (SEA -1, 47) 8:20 p.m., NBC
Monday, December 9
- New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles (PHI -9.5, 46) 8:15 p.m., ESPN
NFL Week 14 Betting Trends And Facts
- The Baltimore Ravens are 2-0 SU and ATS over their two most recent meetings with the Buffalo Bills. Baltimore blew the doors off Buffalo when they met early last season, easily covering the 7.5-point spread in a 47-3 victory. The Ravens single-handedly eclipsed the total for that matchup as well, going over the 39-point line by eight points. It was a rare high-scoring game involving these teams, as six of their eight matchups since 1985 have landed UNDER the total. The Bills are once again an underdog in this matchup, getting 5.5 points in a game the books have set a total on of 43.5 points.
Dave Tuley posted an update on how underdogs and road teams have fared against the spread during the 2019 NFL season:
- The Washington Redskins have won and covered in each of their last two matchups with the Green Bay Packers. It is worth noting that both of those victories came with the Redskins playing at home, while this Week 14 contest is set to take place at Lambeau Field, a place Washington hasn’t won at since 1988. Green Bay is 4-0 SU and ATS in its four home games against this opponent in the years since and is heavily favored to keep that streak after opening as 13-point chalk in Week 14.
Field Yates posted an update on the NFL Draft order if it were to start ahead of Week 14:
- The San Francisco 49ers are 5-1 ATS across their last five contests against the New Orleans Saints. These teams haven’t met often in recent years, last squaring off in November 2016 in a game that the Saints would handily win on the road, covering the spread against San Francisco for the first time in eight years. New Orleans has a slightly better ATS record during the 2019 NFL season, going 8-4 against the number, compared to the 49ers at 7-4-1. The Saints are favored to win this clash at the Superdome after going up on the board as 2.5-point chalk.
Pro Football Focus revealed their three top-rated quarterbacks for the 2019 NFL season so far:
- The total has gone UNDER in four of the last five games involving the Carolina Panthers and Atlanta Falcons. Atlanta has also dominated this matchup over the last few seasons, compiling a 7-1 SU and ATS record over the last eight games. The Panthers, who have been made three-point ‘dogs, aren’t likely to start turning it around in Week 14 after firing head coach Ron Rivera on Tuesday and bring a four-game SU losing streak into this NFC South rivalry showdown.
- The Minnesota Vikings are 4-0 SU and ATS over their last four games against the Detroit Lions. The Vikings are looking to cap off a second consecutive season sweep of the Lions after beating them 42-30 as 2.5-point chalk back in October. Minnesota is expected to accomplish this goal in a big way, as Vegas has pegged the club as a 13-point favorite over its NFC North rival in Week 14.
Sal Capaccio posted playoff clinching scenarios in play for Week 14:
- The Miami Dolphins are 6-1 SU and ATS over their last seven matchups with the New York Jets. The ‘Phins picked up their first “W” of the 2019 NFL season when they last played Gang Green a month ago, outright upsetting their AFC East foe as a 3.5-point home underdog. The Jets will try to avoid being upset yet again, although oddsmakers like their chances to win a bit more this time, evidenced by the 5.5-point spread on the game.
- Each of the five most recent contests involving the New England Patriots and Kansas City Chiefs has gone OVER the total. Defense has been an afterthought when these teams have shared the field, as the average combined score in a Patriots-Chiefs matchup is 64.4 points over the last five games. These teams have been outscoring the average over/under by two full touchdowns in that span, but bookmakers don’t foresee a barnburner in Week 14, setting the total at just 49 points.
NFL Week 14 Pro Predictions
Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons
Pick: Atlanta -3
Prediction: Falcons 24 – Panthers 14
Baltimore Ravens at Buffalo Bills
Pick: Ravens -5.5
Prediction: Ravens 29 – Bills 21
Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots
Pick: New England -3
Prediction: New England 37 – Kansas City 33