If you are one of the last-minute shoppers out there, Amazon is offering a couple of sweet deals for you on digital products, notably a $7.50 discount on a digital, email-only, Apple Gift Card (minimum $50) as well as some well-known magazine titles you can grab for only $1.99 per year on a Kindle subscription. See details below.
First, if you have not already wandered around the Amazon site looking for special deals, you will want to visit their Year-End Deals page now. You can scroll through a whole range of special discounts on products in all categories – from Electronics to Groceries – and while this may not help you in your last minute needs for a gift by tomorrow it may come in handy.
You can get a wide range of digital magazine subscriptions, via Kindle, starting for only $1.99 per year (most are higher at $3.75 annually, but still great savings). This is an Amazon “Deal of the Day” designed for the very last minute shopper on Christmas Eve — deal ends tonight at midnight Pacific time. It also is fairly risk-free with 28-days of a free trial. That works out to 20 cents per issue on some very popular magazines, including:
Some of the more well-known magazine titles at on sale for $3.75 per year:
There are more magazines listed if you click the arrow allowing you to scroll left or right in the gallery of titles. Again, this Deal of the Day is for the remainder of today, December 24.
However, if you head to the main Amazon Conde Nast page (which publishes many of the above magazines), you can find a variety of deals for only $5.00 per year on Kindle. What is not clear is if this offer expires at midnight tonight (Dec 24, 2019). Scroll through and you will see Wired magazine for $5.00 per year, Conde Nast Traveler, or The New Yorker. Note: Even if you do not own a Kindle device, you can likely view the subscription via PC or Mac or on your smartphone with the Kindle app.
Amazon is offering $7.50 off an Apple iTunes Digital Gift Card when you load it with $50 – that is 15 percent off, so not a bad deal considering they rarely go on sale. These are a limited supply according to the site, so hurry over.
I tested this deal on my personal account and it works for just one Apple Gift Card with a maximum of $200 and a $50 minimum. Again, it has a number of terms and conditions, mostly one per customer and while supplies last (Terms listed at end of post).
If you are not out there braving the traffic (and I would not blame you), then grab one of these regular Amazon gift cards and print it out.
Amazon terms on the Apple Gift Card:
- Offer only applies to digital electronic gift cards sold and delivered by ACI Gift Cards Inc., an Amazon company.
- Offer does not apply to physical goods.
- Digital electronic gift cards may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of ACI Gift Cards Inc., an Amazon company.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- This item is not eligible for return.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Customers must enter the code ITUNES at the time of purchase to receive the discount.
- Limit one per customer.