Apple has rolled out the second major update to MacOS Catalina, with version 10.15.2 of the operating system. No major new features are Included in the update, but a number of smaller areas have been addressed. including support for remote control of the Music and TV apps from your iPhone, bug fixes for Music, Mail and Photos, layout improvements for Apple News Plus, and more.
Although Apple has not confirmed it, a number of users are reporting that this update of MacOS addresses the popping and crackling sounds coming from various MacBook and MacBook Pro speakers, including the new six-speaker configuration found in the 16-Inch MacBook Pro.
Apple CEO Tim Cook presents new products, including new Macbook laptops, during a special event at … [+]
How To Update MacOS Catalina
You can find the update under the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Software Update to start the process. I would alway recommend doing a full backup of your data before any OS update.
Previous MacOS Catalina Updates
MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 included support for the new Emoji character set introduced previously in iOS, support for the AirPods Pro, and additional privacy controls for Siri so user requested are not shared with Apple.
MacOS Catalina 10.15 received two ‘hot fix’ supplementary updates on October 15th and October 24th to address installation issues, setup problems, and logging into iCloud.
MacOS Catalina 10.15 was first launched to the public on October 7th, bringing the Mac family closer to Apple’s cloud-based services, increased support for the iPad, and the ability to run some iPadOS apps on MacOS through the Catalyst engine. It also controversially removed support for 32-bit applications that upset many users who relied on key applications and services that could no longer run.
Apple’s Changelog For MacOS Catalina 10.15.2
- New layout for Apple News+ stories from The Wall Street Journal and other leading newspapers
- Get links to related stories or more stories from the same publication at the end of an article
- “Breaking” and “Developing” labels for Top Stories
- Stories from Apple News are now available in Canada in English and French
This update includes the following bug fixes:
- Restores the column browser view for managing the music library
- Resolves an issue that may prevent album artwork from appearing
- Fixes an issue that may reset music equalizer settings during playback
- Adds support for using an iPhone or iPad to remotely control the Music and TV apps on a Mac
- Resolves an issue that may cause some AVI and MP4 files to appear as unsupported
- Fixes an issue that prevents newly created folders from appearing in Albums view
- Addresses an issue where manually sorted images in an album may be printed or exported out of order
- Fixes an issue that prevents the zoom-to-crop tool from working in a print preview
- Addresses an issue that may cause Mail preferences to open with a blank window
- Resolves an issue that may prevent using undo from retrieving deleted mail
- Improves the reliability of syncing books and audiobooks to your iPad or iPhone through the Finder
- Fixes an issue where reminders may be out of order in the Today smart list in the Reminders app
- Resolves an issue that may cause slow typing performance in the Notes app
- Fixes an issue where the user password might not be accepted at the login window after upgrading a Mac with an Apple T2 Security Chip to macOS Catalina
- Improves compatibility with video conferencing apps on MacBook Pro models introduced in 2018
- Users logged in as a standard user can now install apps from the App Store